The Bekaert Group Executive assumes the operational responsibility for the company’s activities and acts under the supervision of the Board of Directors. The executive management team is chaired by Matthew Taylor, Chief Executive Officer.
The composition of the Bekaert Group Executive has changed in 2017
On 1 September, 2017, Ms Rajita D’Souza joined Bekaert as Chief Human Resources Officer, replacing Mr Bart Wille who has pursued another career opportunity after having served Bekaert for the past 8 years.
Rajita D’Souza, Indian national, holds a Master degree in Law from the University of Mumbai in India and a Bachelor degree in Business Management. She started her career in 1993 as Manager Operations with Reliance Consultancy Services in Mumbai, India. In 1997, she joined General Electric where she held various HR leadership positions with increasing responsibility and scope. In 2007, Rajita moved to SABIC to become Director Human Resources of SABIC Europe. She was appointed Vice President Human Resources for the EMEA region of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in 2011.
The Bekaert Group Executive consisted of 9 members in 2017 and was composed as follows:
- Matthew Taylor, CEO
- Rajita D’Souza, Chief HR Officer
- Beatríz García-Cos Muntañola, CFO
- Lieven Larmuseau, Executive Vice President - Rubber Reinforcement
- Curd Vandekerckhove, Executive Vice President - Global Operations
- Geert Van Haver, Chief Technology Officer
- Stijn Vanneste, Executive Vice President - EMEA, South Asia and South East Asia
- Piet Van Riet, Executive Vice President - Industrial & Specialty Products and Marketing & Commercial Excellence
- Frank Vromant, Executive Vice President - Americas